Why should I become a member? Membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution honors and preserves the legacy of your Patriot ancestor. Over two hundred years ago, American Patriots fought and sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy today. As a member of DAR, through participation in the Society’s various programs and activities, you can continue this legacy by actively supporting historic preservation, promotion of education, and patriotic endeavors.
DAR provides the opportunity to...
- contribute to important service projects
- honor and preserve the legacy of patriot ancestors
- make lifelong friends
- participate in unique social and service-oriented programs within your community
- be involved in a variety of programs that provide something for everyone
- gain valuable leadership experience
- establish a network of contacts in your community and all over the world.
Any woman 18 years or older regardless of race, religion, or ethnic background, who can prove lineal, bloodline descent from an ancestor who aided in achieving American independence is eligible to join the DAR. She must provide documentation for each statement of birth, marriage, and death, as well as of the Revolutionary War service of her Patriot ancestor. For a complete list of accepted Revolutionary War service, please visit www.dar.org/national-society/acceptable-service.
Our chapter has certified Genealogists available to assist you with your application. For more information about becoming a DAR contact our chapter Membership Chair.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.